STEP 2…………………….……………….………………HOW IT WORKSheet
We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity. “For it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fullfil His good purpose.” (Philippians 2:13)
Directions- ask the Lord to prepare your heart and mind to read and answer the following questions:
- Read each question through at least twice, resting and pondering on each question and allowing yourself time to respond as you are ready.
- Give time to meditate on each answer, or journal your answers, and consider how the questions and your responses impact your feelings, your mood, your thoughts and your beliefs. The key is to move through the questions in a deeply intentional way rather than blindly follow instructions or rush through the process. You will benefit from being as honest and thorough as possible.
- Read and PRAY through the Principle One Prayer.
- When you are ready, share your answers with an accountability partner or sponsor, and pray together. This sharing is critical – this is how we begin to heal… READ James 5:16 —————————————————————————————————-
- Before taking this step and considering God’s power to change your life, where were you trying to find hope? Did you find lasting hope and relief?
- What do you believe about God? What are some of His characteristics?
- What do you believe about God? What are some of His characteristics? How does it feel to know God is your Heavenly Father and honestly cares about every thought, every experience, every emotion that you have ever had?
- How are your feelings for your heavenly Father and your earthly father alike? How do they differ?
- What area of your life, which hurt, habit or hang-up are you ready to trust God with?
- When you consider trusting God with your hurts, habits and hang-ups, what do you feel? What emotions do you experience?
- Imagine how it will feel to not be controlled, burdened or hurt by that pain or concern any longer? How does that feel? What emotions do you experience?
- If you experience fear or uncertainty when considering trusting God with your hurt, habit or hang-up, what can you do to bring your focus back to His Truth, His Power and Willingness to take your burdens from you?
Dear God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, taking, as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is; not as I would have it; trusting that You will make all things right if I surrender to Your will; so I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the next. Amen